Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peace of mind, body and models



So there are many reasons why people get into hobbies, for some it gives them something to do, others like the challenge. For me, it is relaxing, yet there is a physical result at the end that satisfies my need for productivity. When I'm able to just sit down and take my time painting a model or a squad, its like sitting out at a pool. And just like laying at the pool, you can only do it for so long, but as long as you don't burn yourself out the first few times, you enjoy coming back to it each time.



I'm saying this all because I'm taking a break from the models for a week as I enjoy the Florida sun and lay out by the pool. Now my modeling has always seemed to be there, and I've felt it is something that has always slowly improved. Mean while I've been struggling to wrestle the pieces of my life back into their places. That's why I like 40k, it seems to be a static piece in my life that I don't always have to worry about.

I'm taking this opportunity to clear my mind, and enjoy the weather, and get motivated to trudge through all the work that will be waiting for me when I get back. I'm going to be doing full US Marine work outs everyday, running a couple miles during the sunrise, push-ups and crunches, etc. I'll get in shape, be mentally prepared and have the energy to do what needs to be done in the real world.

What does that mean for 40k in my life? It means I should have more time and money once I get organized and everything up and running. I'm actually starting off my Spring break by spending half of my saved money for my break on models that will be shipped while I'm on vacation. Mean while, I'll be fishing off the docks, visiting the local markets, and suffering through my stubbornness and sunburns.

Until next week,
Happy Hunting!!

PS. Happy pi day! 03.14

No comments:

Post a Comment