Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Infestation problem? 2.5k Nids

Every day, Federal scientists are looking for new ways to kill bugs.




So I've been slacking, for four days now I've meant to post something. But I don't want to post just anything, I want it to be a decent article. Still haven't thought of one, so I figured I'd share my Ard Boyz list I've been thinking over.



Hive Tyrant; paroxysm, life leech, bonesword and lash whip, heavy venom cannon
198
Tyrant Guard x2
120
Alpha warrior; dual boneswords
90
Zoanthrope x3; in Spore pod with barbed strangler
235
Hive guard x3
150
Hive guard x2
100
Guants x10; spinefists
60
Guants x10; Devourers
100
Tervigon; cluster spines, catalyst
175
Tervigon; cluster spines, catalyst
175
Warriors x6; Scything talons, death spitters, barbed strangler
220
Raveners x5; scything talons, rending claws
175
Tyrannafex; Larvae swarm, Cluster spines, Rupture cannon
265
Tyrannafex; Larvae swarm, Cluster spines, Rupture cannon
265
Biovores x3
135




I have everything but the Tyrant guards and the third biovore assembled. I'm not horribly sold on the Tyrant, I'm not a fan of this codex's version, but I don't have the FOC or models to spend 300+ points on anything else.
I could take the Tyrant out
"and it's still 86 percent combat effective. Here's a tip: Aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good."


Those keep slipping out. Well here are a few more for you to enjoy.
"I hear you got a bug problem ma'am?"
"To fight the bug, we must understand the bug"
"My God. How could this happen? " "We thought we were smarter than the Bugs."
"These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks"

Before we get too lost in our Starship troopers fantasy, let me ask what everyone thinks of my list? I've been giving it a lot of thought these past few weeks. Or better yet, at 2,500 points, how would you deal with this list?

I will be at the south store (greenwood game preserve) saturday and sunday 24th and 25th to get some last minute practicing in. If anyone wants an Ard boyz game in, come challenge me.

Let the hunt begin!

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's illegal. If you want 3 Troop Tervigons you gotta fill up with 3 units of gaunts :P

    I'm kinda trying to figure out what you're doing with the list. It's got elements of a shooty, midfield ownage type but also Pods.

    I think giving your Tyrant Hive Commander and DSing a bunch of Warriors/Ravs/Fexes/Trygons into the enemy's face while your shooting goes after their armor would be handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, you are correct sir. It was giving me an argument with my copy paste of my list, I must have retyped that line. should only be two tervigons.

    As to my goals, Tyrant and tervigon hold back field. T-fex and hive guard take middle ground while knocking out mech. then warriors and what ever else attempt to take enemy objectives. can be played aggressively or defensively.
    That's my hope anyways, that's why I need practice games. haha.

    ReplyDelete